How to Get Desitin out of Clothes – If your little one has had problems with diaper rash, you may have used a product like Desitin ointment. Desitin is a diaper rash cream that contains zinc oxide as its active ingredient. Although Desitin is effective for curing skin is irritated, its oily consistency can leave stains on clothes. However, you do not have to get rid of clothes that become stained with Desitin. You can remove the stain if you use the right cleaning techniques.
How to Get Desitin out of Clothes
Things You Need
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Remover pre-wash stain
- Laundry detergent
Step by Step
- Sprinkle baking soda on Desitin stain, and let stand for five minutes.
- Brush sodium bicarbonate with a toothbrush. This will help remove some of the oil stains of Desitin.
- Fill a sink or bowl with hot water 1 part to 2 parts of white vinegar.
- Soak the item of clothing in the sink or container and soak for 30 minutes.
- Remove the sink item of clothing, and apply a remover pre-wash stains.
- Wash the laundry according to the label instructions.